If you see a dog or cat on our website that you would like to meet, please visit the shelter where that animal is located.
- We ask that all adopters fill out an adoption application which asks questions about your household and history with animals.
- We do reference checks, including speaking to your veterinarian about prior pets and checking with your landlord if pets are permitted in your building.
- You must be 21 years or older to adopt a pet.
- We do not process applications on a “first come, first serve” basis, as we are looking for the best fit for each individual animal.
- We do home checks to ensure that your home is suitable and appropriate for the animal you are interested in adopting.
To meet animals, get an adoption application, or for further questions, please visit our shelters in Freeport and Glendale.