There are so many ways that someone can volunteer to help Bobbi and the Strays. Any way that you are
able to help would be greatly appreciated.
- Become a Dog Walker.
- Become a Bobbi Buddy.
- Be a Cage Cleaner.
- Help at an Adoption Event.
- Become a Humane Educator.
- Hike with the Hounds
- Be an Animal or Supply Transporter.
- Help with General Administration.
- Help with Special Projects.
- Foster a homeless dog or cat.
- Sponsor an Adoption or Fundraising Event.
- Donate your professional or Business Services.
- Help at a Fundraising Event – or even organize one on behalf of Bobbi and the Strays.
- Socialize the cats.
1) You can become a Dog Walker.
We ask that dog walkers commit to a weekly schedule of at least one day a week for two
hours to come to our shelter to walk and play with our dogs providing much needed exercise
2) You can become a Bobbi Buddy.
The Buddy Program is for people who enjoy the company of a dog but cannot foster or adopt due
to time or housing restraints. Volunteers for this program are partnered with a dog living in
our shelter that needs one on one attention and socialization. You will take your dog to local parks,
beaches, training sessions, etc. This will provide the animal a break from the shelter environment to
alleviate stress and provide much needed exercise and mental stimulation.
3) You can be a Cage Cleaner.
We need cage cleaners at our Atlas Mall location. We ask that you please commit to a weekly schedule
of at least one day a week for two hours.
4) You can help at an Adoption Event.
We need volunteers to handle dogs at our events. Training will be provided. Adoption Events
occur roughly once per month. If you can commit to attending each adoption event – that
would be greatly appreciated.
5) You can become a Humane Educator.
Education is the key to generating awareness in the community about the prevention of animal abuse
and neglect as well as spay/neuter programs and their important effect on the dog and cat overpopulation
crisis in New York City. We will train volunteers to visit local schools and speak with children, parents,
and teachers on why being kind to animals is important and how they can help. Volunteers for this program
must be available during school hours. (8am -3pm, Monday through Friday)
6) Hiking with the Hounds
Our “Hiking with the Hounds” program allows everyone involved to get some fresh air and exercise. Volunteers
hike through beautiful Alley Pond Park with our dogs and our certified trainer from Pawsative Dog Training.
Hikes take place weekly on weekend mornings. Come once or come often because this valuable program provides
our dogs with mental and physical stimulation and additional socialization and training.
7) You can be an Animal or Supply Transporter
We need volunteers with cars to transport animals to the vet, groomers, adoption events, etc. We also need
volunteers to transport supplies,
food, and items that people may donate to us.
8) You can help with General Administration
We are always in need for volunteers to answer phones, greet visitors, stuff envelopes, write letters,
database creation and entry, mass mailings, typing, filing, etc.
9) You can help with Special Projects
We need volunteers to help with events, create and dispense flyers, collect donations, sell tickets,
help at garage and tag sales, and other projects that come up throughout the year.
11) You can sponsor an Adoption or Fundraising Event.
More info ...
12) You can donate your professional or Business Services
More info ...
13) You can help at a Fundraising Event – or even organize one on behalf of Bobbi and the Strays.
We always need volunteers to help plan, organize, generate buzz, set-up, and carry-out fundraising events.
14) Socialize the cats
Read to the cats in our Book Nook program.
More info ...
For more information or to volunteer please contact us at (718) 326-6070, (516) 378-4340 or email